The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles.
KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya.
The commission is currently implementing its reviewed strategic plan 2015 – 2018 with a mission to protect, promote and monitor the respect for human rights in Kenya through law, policy and practice.
KNCHR therefore seeks to conduct a baseline survey in order to gather relevant quantitative and qualitative data for indicators at all level of results which will be used to measure progress against the set goals and objectives throughout and at the end of 2015 – 2018 strategic planning period.
KNCHR hereby invites applications for the following short term positions to assist with the upcoming baseline survey;
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and evaluation Officer
Location: Rift Valley (2), Nairobi (2), Western (2), Central (2), Coast (2), Eastern (2), North Eastern (2), Nyanza (2)
Duration: 1 Month
Description of key duties
- Arranging for interviews with and locating target respondents
- Administering interviews to the targeted respondents and completing the data collection tools.
- Checking the completed data collection tools to ensure that all questions were asked and responses neatly and legibly recorded.
- Preparing debriefing notes for the supervisor.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Compilation of data sets
- Drafting of survey sub-reports
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Must have either a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, or Social Sciences, Economics or related disciplines from a recognized university, or a Diploma in Statistics or Economics from a recognized institution with 3 years progressive experience in research work.
- Must have 2 years working experience in field data collection and data entry.
- Must have excellent command of computer applications.
- Must be residents of the region where they are applying to be assigned to work.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk in difficult terrains.
- Ready to work for long hours including weekends.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities, please send your application clearly indicating the preferred region on the subject matter of your cover letter, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 28th August, 2015 to:
The Commission Secretary, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor. P. O. Box 74359-00200,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer