The Subject Officer II will be reporting to a Head of Section, in the Test Development Department.
Responsibilities for the English Subject Officer Job
- The Officer will be responsible for the planning, organizing, programming and coordinating the development of English Language Examination papers and other related disciplines.
Qualifications for the English Subject Officer Job
- Bachelors Degree in Education or its equivalent with a major in English Language;
- Cummulative teaching experience of not more than six (6) years in Secondary or Post
- Secondary Institution teaching English Language;
- Evidence of being well grounded in theory and application of Examinations
- Administration, Psychometrics, Curriculum Design and Educational Assessment,
- Research, Setting, Marking and Moderation of examinations;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications.
How to Apply
The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before April 14, 2017 to:
The Head of Human Resources Division The Kenya National Examinations Council P O Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council. KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.