Corporate Services Director Job at KNEC
KNEC SCALE EC 15 (ONE POST)
The Director will head the Department of General Administration & Human Resource Management and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Corporate Services Director Job Requirements
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management/Development/Planning, Business Administration or Public
- Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have served as Deputy Director for a minimum period of three (3) years OR have 18 years cumulative relevant work experience, three (3) of which should have been at managerial level handling Human Resource
- Management and Administration matters in a reputable institution. Those below Job group ‘Q’ in Government or TSC or its equivalent need not apply;
- Must have evidence of knowledge and proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Member of professional body in relevant field;
- Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
- Candidates who have PhD in relevant field and have attended Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than six (6) weeks will have an added advantage.
Duties for the Corporate Services Director Job
- Direct the development and implementation of Administration and Human Resource Management Policies and Strategies;
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resource functions relating to staff Recruitment, placement, career development, promotion, training, job classification, salary administration, staff relations, staff leave and staff welfare;
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the Departmental budget;
- Co-ordinate achievement of Performance Contract Targets for the Department;
- Oversee repair and maintenance of all Council assets including buildings and houses, motor vehicles, equipment and furniture;
- Co-ordinate staff matters and provide leadership that harnesses the strengths of all individuals;
- Coordinate and manage logistical functions of the Council;
- Co-ordinate and oversee outsourced KNEC activities;
- Keep records and inventory of all Council assets;
- Implement Board resolutions.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before June 30, 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automaticn disqualification. All shortlisted candidates in Scale EC 14 and below will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.