ICT Officer Job at KNEC April 2017
KNEC SCALE EC 9 (ONE POST)
The ICT Officer II will report to the Head of Network Infrastructure and General Support.
ICT Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology/Electronics Engineering, or equivalent qualification;
- Database Certification, for example, Microsoft’s MCSE or Oracle;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
- Three (3) years of relevant experience.
Duties for the ICT Officer Job
- Designs database structures and associated models to support the information needs of the Council;
- Administer the database configuration, security, schema and objects, ensuring compliance against agreed standards and guidelines;
- Assist with database software installations and upgrades to maintain currency with supported environments;
- Configuration management: understanding how large the database will become over time; ensuring that the database is placed on the right server so that it is available to the stakeholders and ensuring that the correct type of storage is used for the information collected through the database;
- Security and compliance: understanding the security options for information held on the database;
- Monitoring and tuning: ensuring that the database is running to optimal levels and understanding the table structure within the database in order to ‘tune’ the database;
- Backup and recovery: understanding the options for backing up and recovering data held within the database;
- Trouble shooting and investigating an issue and work to find the root cause of why there is a problem with the system. They must also be able to implement a solution to address the issues.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before June 30, 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automaticn disqualification. All shortlisted candidates in Scale EC 14 and below will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.