Economist & Planner Job at KNEC
KNEC SCALE EC 13 (ONE POST)
The Principal Economist/Planner will be reporting to the Director – Corporate Services.
Economist/Planner Job Requirements
- Masters Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Public Policy and Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Senior Economist/Planner for a minimum period of three (3) years or in an equivalent and relevant position OR have a cumulative working experience of at least fifteen (15) years in a related field.
- Those below Job group ‘N’ in Government or TSC or its equivalent need not apply;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Advanced Computer Applications;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
- Candidates who have attended Senior Management Course lasting not less than four weeks will have an added advantage.
Duties for the Economist/Planner Job
- Plan and coordinate the Council’s Economic Planning Activities;
- Carry out economic planning analysis; supervise and coordinate the development of the Council’s Strategic Plan and policies;
- Oversee the implementation of Council projects and monitor Council’s budget performance and prepare reports;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of projects and programs;
- Co-ordinate performance contracting process, guidelines and procedures;
- Facilitate all Departments to have their departmental work plans in place and collect and present statistical
- data in the form of survey reports and bulletins.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before June 30, 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automaticn disqualification. All shortlisted candidates in Scale EC 14 and below will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.