SUBJECT OFFICER II (PHYSICS): KNEC SCALE EC 10 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT) 1 POST
The officer will report to a Head of Section in Test Development Department.
Requirements for the Subject Officer Job
- Bachelors Degree in Education or its equivalent with a major in Physics;
- Masters degree in Education in the relevant area from a recognized institution;
- Not less than ten (10) years of teaching experience in secondary/Post Secondary School level specializing in teaching Physics or related assignment;
- Evidence of being well grounded in theory and application of Examination Administration, Psychometrics,
- Curriculum Design and Educational Assessment, Research, Setting, Marking and Moderation of Physics examinations;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications
Responsibilities for the Subject Officer Job
- The Officer will be responsible for the planning, organizing, programming and coordinating the development of Physics Examination papers and other related disciplines.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before July 25, 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
a). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
b). The candidates who had applied for the re-advertised positions of Subject officer II and ICT Officer II- Software Development should not reapply.
c). All shortlisted candidates below Scale EC 13 will be subjected to a Technical Test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.