The Kenyatta National Hospital Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Deputy Chief Medical Social Worker
Job Group K5
The Deputy Chief Medical Social Worker will be responsible to the Assistant Director (Medical Services) for the overall development, documentation, administration and implementation of strategies in the Department.
- Co-ordinate policy on psychosocial programmes in the hospital and community.
- Provision of professional advice to the Hospital Management on all matters related to government policies on rehabilitation and treatment of patients.
- Co-ordinate social work activities in the wards and clinics.
- Place abandoned patients through networking with other social support agencies.
- Preparation of the annual budget for the unit and ensuring proper utilization of allocation funds.
- Plan and organize post care support.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology from a recognized University.
- Proven experience for not less three (3) years at the level of Assistant Chief Medical Social Worker or its equivalent in a large organization.
- Proficiency in computer packages.
- A Masters degree in Social work or related field will be n added advantage
How to Apply
All interested in these positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to submit the Hospital application form (CLICK HERE to download) with copies of certificates on or before 14th August 2015 to the address below:The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P. O. Box 20723-00202
Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted