Job Group K9 (Microbiology (1 Post); Histopathology (1 Post)
The Medical Laboratory Technologist II will be responsible to the Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist for the provision of quality diagnostic medical laboratory services in the Hospital.
Duties for the Medical Laboratory Technologist Job
- Recruiting, preparing and bleeding of blood donors for transfusion services.
- Performing blood grouping.
- Storing blood products according to their requirements.
- Screening for blood transfusion infections.
- Collecting and analyzing laboratory findings and resultant data.
- Processing the specimen according to specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilization of apparatus.
- Mentoring and coaching trainees on practical attachment.
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens.
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens for correctness.
- Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering of specimens.
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis.
- Preparing reagents, examining specimens, writing and recording results.
- Dispatching the results for use in clinical management
Medical Laboratory Technologist Job Qualifications
- Higher Diploma in Microbiology or Histopathology
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences from an institution recognized by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board will be an added advantage.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- At least two (2) years progressive work experience post specialization in an NHIF accredited health facility.
- A valid practising license from KMLTTB.
- Certificate in computer operations from a recognized institution.
How to Apply