The Kenyatta National Hospital Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the following positions:
Medical Specialist II
Job Group K4
Medicine (RIDD) (2 Posts),
Paediatrics (3 Posts),
Pathology (2 Posts),
Neurology (1 Post) &
Anaesthesia (1 Post)
The Medical Specialist II/I will be responsible to the Chief Medical Specialist / Head of Department and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
- Performing clinical procedures and making decisions on patients’ management in the area of specialization.
- Conducting regular Ward Rounds.
- Responding to consultations from other clinical specialties.
- Conducting specialist out-patient clinics.
- Participating in assessment of patients as may be required by the Hospital Management.
- Participating in research, teaching, training and supervising the performance of both medical and non-medical staff as well as post-graduate students.
- Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
- Participate in Administrative activities of the department.
- Participate in delivery of hospital strategic plan and performance contract.
- Masters Degree in Medicine (MMed) / Paediatrics / pathology /neurology / anaesthesia from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University.
- Must have retention Certificate from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board of Kenya.
- Evidence of research and at least two (2) professional publications in reputable local or international journals on particular scientific findings / practices in the relevant field.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
All interested in these positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to submit the Hospital application form (CLICK HERE to download) with copies of certificates on or before 14th August 2015 to the address below:The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P. O. Box 20723-00202
NairobiKenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted