KNH Pharmacist Job,August 2017
Job Group K6
The Pharmacist I will be responsible to the Senior Pharmacist for ensuring delivery of pharmaceutical services at unit level.
Duties for the Pharmacist Job
- Preparing medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Consulting with prescribers and other staff to clarify medication orders.
- Dispensing medication by compounding, packaging and labelling pharmaceuticals including but not limited to extemporaneous preparations and cancer chemotherapy.
- Controlling medication by monitoring drug therapies and advising interventions.
- Completing pharmacy operational requirements by organising and directing technologists workflow, verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals, verifying order entries, charges and inspections.
- Providing pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Developing Hospital staff pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programmes, training pharmacy staff, students, interns and health care professionals.
- Complying with drug laws as regulated by Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Protecting patients and support staff by adhering to infection control protocols. Maintaining pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- Ensuring that controlled substances are dispensed in compliance with law and that inventory control and record keeping requirements are met.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
Pharmacist Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer operations from a recognized institution.
- At least two (2) years work experience as a Pharmacist.
How to Apply