Knowledge, Learning & Communication Officer Job at Council Of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position:
Knowledge, Learning and Communication Officer
Knowledge, Learning and Communication Officer will report to the Project Manager – Symbiocity Program Kenya and work in close collaboration with the Council of Governors, Director of communications. The Knowledge, Learning and Communication Officer is expected to work at both strategic and operational level.
Knowledge & Communication Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy, including internal and external communication, branding etc.
- Collection, Collation and Dissemination of learning.
- Provide technical assistance on communication to the pilots
- Support and develop internal capacity to implement the communication strategy.
- Identify components within the Council of Governors Communication strategy where the programme can be of support.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for the SymbioCity Kenya Programme.
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relations with print and electronic media.
- Manage all social media communication platforms including twitter and Facebook among other online communications platforms for the SymbioCity Kenya Programme.
- Draw out key learnings and insights from the pilot projects and package this into communications and learning materials for use by other stakeholders.
- Facilitate the dissemination of key learnings from the SymbioCity Kenya Programme among counties and other stakeholders
- Support the development and documentation of the SymbioCity Approach in Kenya
- Develop and implement a communications plan for the pilots.
- Contribute to improving communication at pilot counties as it relates to urban planning and management.
- Conduct communication training needs assessment from among the programme staff as well as Council of Governors communication staff and facilitate such trainings as deemed necessary.
- Work with the Director of Programmes at the Council of Governors to identify components within the Council of Governors Communication strategy where the programme can be of support.
Required qualifications and experience for Knowledge & Communication Job
- A Master degree in Development Communication, Journalism or similar field.
- At least 5 years of relevant practical experience of Knowledge sharing and Communication.
- Working experience from Government of Kenya
- Proven experience from a variety of communication tools
- Professional standard writing and speaking skills in English.
- Applicants must be Kenyan citizens.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on her/his own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality
The contract duration is for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of resources.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday, 22nd July 2016 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.