The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority wishes to invite qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant positions:
Policy, Research and Advocacy Department
Knowledge Management Assistant
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective knowledge management programs and activities and will also be In -Charge of the Authority’s resource center and library.
The position reports to the Manager, Policy and Research.
- Participate in planning, designing, coordinating and implementing comprehensive knowledge management initiatives and strategies.
- Identify and obtain required resources and ensuring accessibility of these resources to the Authority and its stakeholders.
- Creating avenues for exchange of information, converting data into valuable information and ensuring its accessibility and usage.
- Develop mechanisms for leveraging on existing knowledge within the Authority.
- Dissemination of knowledge and responding to queries on Knowledge Management tools and resources.
- Conduct outreach programs and oversee training for staff and clients in use of Knowledge Management tools.
- Serve as key contact for data requests by responding to queries and by assisting clients in accessing Knowledge Management tools and resources
- Utilize knowledge bases, networks, communities of practice and other sources to synthesize responses to queries.
- Provide oral and written responses and briefings for queries by staff and managers and by external clients.
- Contribute to knowledge management resources by preparing best practices and capturing global practices through written stories and video debriefings.
- Establish a Knowledge Management Centre and ensure safe custody of all the information in the centre.
- Participate in various committees in the Authority
- Bachelors degree in Knowledge Management, Information Science, or related discipline. Masters degree in Knowledge Management will be an added advantage.
- Vast Knowledge in the field of Knowledge Management.
- Proficiency in ICT.
- A minimum of three years experience in Knowledge Management gained in a similar position in a reputable organization.
- Diverse experience in developing and implementing knowledge management programs that contributes to strategic objectives in a reputable institution/library
- Working knowledge of educational media and technology including the internet and it’s utilization for electronic learning.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to write complex reports
- Analytical skills
- Organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multitask.
Terms and Application Procedure:-
The successful candidates will be under a one (1) year training contract and will be paid a monthly stipend.
At the end of the programme, all the professionals will be subjected to an interview for the purpose of issuance of a certificate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter, copy of updated / detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, copy of the National Identity Card, names and contacts (telephone and E-mail) of three (3) professional referees who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications to the:-
Manager, Human Resources and Administration Competition Authority of Kenya P O Box 36265 00200 Nairobi
or email to: email@example.com – for Knowledge Management Assistant
or deliver to : Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block D, ground floor,
So as to reach him not later than close of business on 30th September, 2015.
If you do not hear from us by 31st October, 2015, consider your application unsuccessful.
The Competition Authority of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, youth and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply
Please note that, applications without all the specified attachments will not be considered.