Reporting to the Finance & Accounts Manager, the successful candidate shall be responsible for all financial reporting and accounting functions of the corporation as well as overseeing the processing of payroll and other payments.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and implement relevant policies, guidelines, strategies, accounting processes, procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of financial returns statements, monthly closing & annual reports and final accounts.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of books of accounts.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Receive payments from depots as revenue accrued from distribution transactions and rental incomes from tenants.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the Corporation’s automated financial systems.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases and accounts filing systems.
- Participate in development of the Department’s Work plan
- Prepare, monitor and review monthly, quarterly departmental reports and annual accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Carry out the compilation of the revenue records for submission to the director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Commerce or Economics or a Relevant Degree.
- CPA-K or ACCA-UK.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting with at least 3 year of supervisory experience.
- IT Proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of IFRSs, ISAs and IASs
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Administrative and coordination skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salary, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials, valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 28th September, 2016. Quote Job Title & Ref No on the envelope. The Managing Director Kenya National Trading Corporation P.O. Box 30587 – 00100 Nairobi Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and people from the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted.