Data Analyst Job at Komaza
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small farmers to serve booming wood markets. With roots in San Francisco and headquarters in coastal Kenya, we have planted over 2 million trees with more than 6,000 farmers, making us Kenya’s largest commercial tree planter.
By leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access effectively limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations – a powerful disruption to the traditional forestry model. We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including Forbes, Ashoka, Mulago Foundation, and Novastar Ventures.
Data plays a critical role at Komaza – by putting a smartphone in the hand of every single Field Extension agent, we are able to collect and analyze real-time information on all aspects of our value chain from Planting to Sales. Working in close collaboration with the Technology Development team (who create custom software to collect and store this data) Business Intelligence is the central nervous system of information at Komaza, and is tasked with designing new visualization tools, dashboards and human systems for leveraging data in our day-to-day operations.
Roles for the Data Analyst Job
- Map out project requirements by conducting internal interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee a complete data lifecycle, including data, entry, monitoring, validation, analysis and reporting for one of our data streams
- Design new processes and toolkits for capturing and compiling data
- Manage a data officer &/or field foreman in the consistent collection of relevant data
- Experiment with a variety of new methods for analyzing data to deliver strategic insights into our business objectives
- Prepare periodic business performance analysis with recommendations for increasing operational efficiency
Data Analyst Job Requirements
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university preferably in Business Administration with a 3.5 and above GPA score
- Minimum of 2-5 years post-undergraduate, masters degree and full-time work experience in a banking or science background preferred
- Advanced proficiency in at least one of the following skills: Excel, SQL Queries, SSRS Reports, SSAS Data Cubes, Power BI (or other data visualization tool), R (or another statistical software package).
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts, & creative problem solving
- Experience with cost/benefit analysis, business case development, as well as modeling techniques and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communications, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm; Flexible and self-motivated with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Comfort working in a company that acts and feels a lot like a startup (dynamic, unstructured, and frequently changing), but at the same time has global reach and ambitious international expansion plans.
- Self-directed and intellectually curious – you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Growth-obsessed with a strong desire for personal development
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this LINK. Application deadline is the 16th April 2017.