Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small farmers to serve booming wood markets. With roots in San Francisco and headquarters in coastal Kenya, we have planted over 2 million trees with more than 6,000 farmers, making us Kenya’s largest commercial tree planter.
By leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access effectively limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations – a powerful disruption to the traditional forestry model. We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including Forbes, Ashoka, Mulago Foundation, and Novastar Ventures.
The Komaza Finance & Admin team is a critical service center for the organization. We are meticulous, detail-oriented doers, who know how to balance sustainable, scalable systems with urgent, high priority demands. Though an internal facing department, we take a customer service-centered approach to meeting the needs of the company so Komaza can thrive.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for coordinating the purchase, payment and delivery of program supplies and materials for our soon-to-be-opened office in South Coast. This is a well-organized person who strives to fulfill procurement needs as cost-effectively and time-efficiently as possible.
He or she proactively anticipates and addresses common and hard-to-foresee challenges, and creatively develops solutions when challenges do arise. The Procurement Assistant is a solutions-oriented person who is able to autonomously ensure day-to-day procurement requests are met, while also working with departments to forecast and plan for longer-term procurement needs.
Roles for the Procurement Associate Job
- Assist Field Operations with procurement planning for planting seasons
- Identify, build relationship with, and develop a database for local suppliers on South Coast
- Negotiate and agree upon payment terms to suppliers, coordinate supplier payments, and ensure timely delivery of correct supplies to offices and field operations
- Maintain stores database for inventory and future warehouse
Procurement Associate Job Qualifications
- Diploma (or higher) in Procurement, Supplies, or Business Management or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of procurement or supply chain experience
- Familiarity and knowledge of best practice procurement procedures
- Flexible and creative with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Proactive communicator who highlights potential challenges and coordinates every stakeholder to do their part to achieve smooth running of a complex logistical system
- Creative problem solver looking to continuously improve the systems while most efficiently getting the job done
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this LINK
Application deadline is 2nd July 2017