Kopo Kopo Inc
Merchant Engagement Executive
Full-Time: Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets.
Kopo Kopo is leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like East Africa to build a merchant services platform that includes mobile payment acceptance, merchant cash advances and other value-added services.
The Merchant Engagement Executive will be driving marketing campaigns for existing products, new products that need to be piloted and maintain relationships with existing merchants.
As a marketing expert, the Merchant Engagement Executive will ensure that the company is getting appropriate feedback on products through merchant visits, calls and automated processes.
As a champion for efficiency, the Merchant Engagement Executive will determine best practices for both communicating to large groups of merchants and getting specific feedback while maintaining a lasting, professional relationship with the merchant.
• Designing, implementing and/or automating merchant calls for products such as BCA, SMS marketing, web app usage and android app usage
• Merchant calls/gathering feedback for all merchants 30 days after account creation
• Design merchant surveys for product feedback and track progress via daily/weekly/monthly reports
• Maintain a monthly net expansion revenue for existing merchants per KPI
• Surface opportunities to improve the product and merchant experience based on gathered merchant feedback
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• 2+ years’ experience in account management
• Detailed oriented and data driven
• Passion for enthusiasm for technology and serving the merchant with a world-class customer service
• Good knowledge of the mobile operators corporate products and services
• Demonstrated understanding/experience of the operation of mobile payments
• Superior communication and multi-tasking skills
• Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have a desire to work collaboratively with sales and business development and be part of a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel as required
How to Apply
If interested, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Merchant Engagement Executive” to [email protected]