Kenya Ports Authority was established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January, 1978 with the mandate to maintain, improve and regulate all scheduled sea ports along Kenya’s Coast.
In this regard, the Authority manages the Port of Mombasa which is strategically placed to serve the commercial, agriculture and industrial hinter land of Kenya and the surrounding landlocked countries.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a high caliber professional to support and strengthen its workforce in the Insurance Branch.
The successful candidate will fill the position of :
Senior Insurance Officer
Overall Objective: In liaison with the Principal Insurance Officer, the job holder will be responsible for identifying external and internal risks that the Authority may face, evaluating the likely effect of these risks, introducing a range of control measures and monitoring and evaluating the success of these measures.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assessing various risks for the Authority and preparing a risk mitigation program
- Carrying out annual risk inspection and coordinating surveys as requested by underwriters
- Arranging for loss prevention/seminars or sensitization of staff to appraise them on risk prevention or reduction
- Arranging for accident investigation and surveys
- Liaising with the relevant heads of departments for implementation of recommendations made by the underwriters, surveyors/inspectors as a way of loss management so as to reduce on ‘down time’
- Evaluating the nature, working, scope of cover for the Authority’ insurance policies
- Liaising with the line managers for an updated schedule of Gantry Cranes and Heavy Forklifts in operation for proper evaluation of the risks to be covered
- Liaising with the Principal Insurance Officer to ensure that the premiums charged are compatible with risks covered and as proposed at quotation stage
- Exercising supervision and giving guidance to staff in underwriting and claims units
- Maintaining and updating all our insurance policies and endorsement for addition or disposal of assets
- Updating schedule of assets
Requirements for the Post
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Advanced Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or its local equivalent (AIIK), (This applies to those who have not majored in Insurance at Degree level)
- Member of Association of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
- Senior Management Courses
- ICT Skills
- Training in Risk Management
- 5 years relevant experience in a similar role in a reputable organization
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer(EOE), female candidates and People Living with Disability (PLWD) are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
If your career profile matches the requirements of this position, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card on or before 8th April, 2016 to:
The Ag. Managing Director Kenya Ports Authority P.O Box 95009-80104 Mombasa