The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting petroleum products from Mombasa to the hinterland.
In pursuit of this objective, the Company is looking for qualified, highly motivated and results oriented candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Assistant Engineer(Mechanical) (JOB GROUP 7)- 1 POST
Location: Engineering Department
Reporting to the Depot Manager /Senior Engineer
• Responsible for attainment of maximum availability of pipeline and product storage facilities, ensuring uninterrupted operation through continuous maintenance, service of equipment, maintenance of updated database, reports and promptly attending to any breakdowns and emergencies in the section for efficient and effective pumping of white petroleum products.
Assistant Engineer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
• Assist in development and implement appropriate maintenance programmes.
• Assist in identifying spares necessary for the smooth running of equipment in the installation.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction Programme necessary for
effective job performance.
• Assist in ensuring the section is in compliance with company corporate strategy.
• Ensure compliance with ISO standards in the company.
• Respond to all emergencies.
• Ensure safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
• Assist the Assistant Manager Engineering in design, preparation of tender documents and implementation of projects.
• Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performance organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that Programme activities are taken on sound management principles and practices.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction Programme necessary for effective job performance.
• Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual budgets and progress reports showing achievements of the section against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and also defining areas of improvement
Qualifications For Assistant Engineer Jobs In Kenya
• Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Production technology (Engineering) or recognized equivalent.
• Registered as a Graduate Engineer with EBK.
• Member of IEK
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background,qualifications, experience and attach copies of certificates relevant testimonials. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground Floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to: The Managing Director Kenya Pipeline Company Limited P.O. Box 73442, 00200 NAIROBI. All applications should be received not later than 6th November 2015. Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.