Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Quality and Risk Management Senior Advisor in our QRM Unit. The purpose of the position is to provide risk management services and promote adherence to KPMG policy and professional Standards within the firm.
Key roles and responsibilities
The QRM Senior Advisor reports to the QRM Director. Based in Nairobi, the position holder will handle Quality and Risk Management aspects. He/she will be involved in the following duties;
- Conducting risk management trainings to firm’s employees and keeping them updated on development in risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Development and implementation of the firm’s risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Carrying out risk management compliance reviews and preparing reports to management
- Evaluations, recording and management of potential conflicts of interest, ethics and independence issues
- Respond to queries raised by KPMG personnel in a timely manner
- Respond to requests for access by third parties to firm’s working papers and reports
- Reporting to Head of Quality and Risk on the above and other risk management assignments.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPAK)/ACCA
- Minimum of 4 years Working experience in internal Audit/external Audit
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a risk management departmemnt in a corporate firm.
Skills and attributes
The ideal candidate must be able to provide support to the Quality and Risk Management Unit, and work well independently with the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional communications skills both written and oral
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and resolve conflicting demands
- Ability to work as a member of a team sharing knowledge and providing guidance and technical advice where necessary
- A high aptitude for learning and innovation
- A persuasive personality able to sell technical concepts to people
- Well-developed problem solving abilities and strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide different perspectives, options and ideas to issues raised by personnel
- A self-driven and result oriented individual able to work independently
- IT skills, particularly with respect to Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Training skills and experience; and
- A high standard of integrity.
- Continuous learning and development
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV on or before 22 April 2016 giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting QRM Senior Advisor/01/2016 – QRM to [email protected] *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*