KRA Digital Forensics Assistant Manager Job
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the Forensic Unit
Digital Forensics Assistant Manager Job Responsibilities
- Supervise multiple forensic teams in carrying out digital forensic audits, capturing, seizing and analysing electronic data and computer storage devices such as hard disks, tapes using proprietary methodologies and cutting edge forensic tools
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and determine methods for expediting workflow.
- Review preliminary forensic investigation reports to ensure that all the processes of forensic investigations have been complied with and all the necessary tasks performed
- Co-ordinate the actual receipt and storage of evidence provided by the Intelligence and Strategic Operations Department-computer systems/digital equipment;
- Co-ordinate the data recovery process from computers and other electronic storage devices;
- Co-ordinate investigations into reports arising from cyber surveillance
- Provision of budget estimates for the team
- Ensures that the working environment is conducive for the team
Qualifications for the Digital Forensics Assistant Manager Job
- Degree in BSc in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Certificates in a business related field will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in essential aspects of computer security in multi IT areas such as database, development, network, operating systems, IT security and specific applications security
- Knowledge of Digital Forensic Software, e.g. encase, FTK or Paraben and certification in any computer forensic software
- Proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks, and multiple platforms is desired.
- Experience in basic investigations, conducting security assessments, penetration testing, ethical hacking and cyber surveillance
- Appreciation of Tax laws and experience in tax administration is an added advantage
How to Apply
Candidates interested in these positions should apply, on or before 16th August, 2017. Applicants should complete the Personal History Form and include detailed curriculum vitae.
The job reference number provided must be clearly printed on the envelope which should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner – Human Resources Kenya Revenue Authority Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue P O Box 48240-00100 NAIROBI
For more details on the above vacancy and application procedure, please visit the KRA Website www.kra.go.ke/careers
N.B. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and deposited in the designated box situated on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue, Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.