KRA Digital Forensics Supervisor Jobs(12 Posts)
Execute computer forensic investigations
Roles for the Digital Forensics Supervisor Job
- Collect evidence of the running state of the computer systems/digital equipment
- Data recovery and analysis, and electronic discovery and disseminate the same to end users.
- Take inventory of all computers/digital equipment handed over from the Intelligence and Strategic Operations Department and all other digital storage devices and conduct tests on compromised computers and servers
- Create and analyse forensic images for all discs and storage devices
- Network with members of local trade associations and other groups of interest in order to keep abreast with technical developments in digital forensic equipment, software and techniques
- Advise and support investigators in the department as required by providing expertise in computer forensics
- Define, propose and integrate various technological solutions to enhance IT-based intelligence gathering by the department
- Perform tool testing for updated forensic tools against standard forensic data
- Prepare detailed reports of forensic examinations undertaken.
- Undertake investigations into reports arising from cyber surveillance
Digital Forensics Supervisor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Knowledge in essential aspects of computer security in multi IT areas such as database, development, network, operating systems, IT security and specific applications security
- Knowledge of Digital Forensic Software, e.g. encase, FTK or Paraben and certification in any computer forensic software
- Proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks, and multiple platforms is desired.
- Experience in basic investigations, conducting security assessments, penetration testing, ethical hacking and cyber surveillance
- Knowledge and experience in Tax laws and experience is an added advantage
How to Apply
Candidates interested in these positions should apply, on or before 16th August, 2017. Applicants should complete the Personal History Form and include detailed curriculum vitae.
The job reference number provided must be clearly printed on the envelope which should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner – Human Resources Kenya Revenue Authority Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue P O Box 48240-00100 NAIROBI
For more details on the above vacancy and application procedure, please visit the KRA Website www.kra.go.ke/careers.
N.B. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and deposited in the designated box situated on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue, Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.