Data Warehouse Analytics Job At KRA
Job Title: Manager –Data Warehouse & Analytics
Reports to: Deputy Commissioner – CorporateRisk Management
Data Warehouse Analytics Job Purpose
- Leading, directing and coordinating the activities of Data Warehouse and Analytics processes through the systematic collection, analysis and maintenance of relevant taxpayers’ data/intelligence
- The role will be responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the centralised data warehouse
Control of Resources
- Budgetary allocation, staff, tools and equipment
- Data warehouse manage, design, develop and maintain data warehouses and data mart systems.
- Working with database developers, administrators and business managers to ensure data systems conform to enterprise data architecture and strategy expectations, including data governance best practice adoption.
- They also develop and implement strategies to gather information from operational databases and third-party information sources so data can be included in the warehouse.
- Coordinate and manage multiple, concurrent DW/BI projects with successful results and within reasonable timeframes.
- Serve as a working manager across all phases of the analytic project lifecycle, providing supervision and guidance to the BI team as needed, including: Gathering requirements from internal customers, identifying source of truth applications and performing data discovery therein;
- Creation of automated processes to normalize data from new data sources and load it into the DW; Design, development and maintenance of centralized data models specialized for the reporting and analysis needs of the Authority; Creation of scheduled processes to extract data from the various databases ( internal and external) and transfer it to downstream applications.
- Work across multiple functional and technical groups, educate technical and non-technical stakeholders, effectively manage expectations, facilitate negotiations and help establish departmental priorities.
- Data Warehouse Analytics Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that proper approvals are obtained when creating, updating or providing access to data models. Manage a team of ETL Developers, BI Developers and BI Architects.
- Guide, develop and grow the team to meet their individual career goals and the Authority’s analytic needs. 9. Manage internal customer relationships and ensure their projects/issues are handled with quality and in an adequate timeframe.
- Work with other stakeholders and operational leaders to develop and maintain the Authority’s analytics strategy, as well as approve and prioritize new analytic projects.
- Ensure BI solutions meet customer needs and align with the Authority’s analytics strategy.
- Work closely with the DBA team and server team to ensure reliability and performance of our EDW and associated technologies.
- Anticipate business changes/needs and propose BI solutions to address them.
- Strives to continuously improve the way the BI team develops and supports BI solutions, as well as how these solutions are communicated tointernal customers.
- Proactively identifies risks, manages interventions and escalates accordingly them in line with the KRARMPF.
- Researches DW/BI industry trends, makes recommendations on emerging technologies and assists with acquisition of cost effective technologies and tools.
- Assist with preparation, justification and tracking of budget items for the DWBI team.
- Actively participates in the data governance initiatives, including policies and procedures development, design and maintenance.
- Work with other stakeholder to develop standards, policies and procedures for the DWBI section, as well as perform necessary oversight to ensure compliance.
- This includes, but not limited to, documentation standards, training requirements, quality assurance, proactive monitoring and issue resolution
- Any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Commissioner.
Qualifications For Data Warehouse Analytics Job
- Must have a university degree in Computer Science, Business and Information Technology, business related field.
- Working knowledge of Data Governance, Data Warehouse and BI technologies
- Must have certification in IT and Analytics field
- Must have at least three (5) year’s senior level experience in Data Management, Data Warehouse and Business
- Intelligence solution in a big organisation.
- Good understanding of tax administration
- Must have presentation skills and experience
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Project management experience
- Background in database theory and practice combined with hands-on experience in data warehousing technology
- Proficiency in data warehousing tools and database systems (for example: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2)
- High level of integrity and analytical skills
- Results oriented.
- Excellent planning and organizational ability
- Team player
- Ability to function independently and on own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary team
- Possess supervisory and managerial skills
How to Apply
Apply here not later than close of business on 11th July, 2016