Our client Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), has a key mandate to market Kenya at local, national, regional and international levels as a premier tourist destination; identify tourism market needs and trends and advise tourism stakeholders accordingly.
To strengthen the management team, our client is seeking to recruit creative, enthusiastic, result driven and highly motivated individuals with strong interpersonal and communication skills to fill the following exciting and challenging positions.
Events and Exhibitions Manager
Reporting to Director of Marketing, the Events and Exhibitions Manager is responsible for overseeing the design of concepts for each exhibition that KTB participates in as well as organizing events including but not limited to fairs, fam-trips, press-trips and workshops.
- Ensure that the Exhibition Unit is effectively used to support the business objectives of KTB;
- Based on the requirements of the Marketing Department, design KTB’s events plan;
- Provide end to end planning and logistics services to the rest of KTB in the organisation of events including negotiating on exhibition locations, materials, space and cost and managing external suppliers; and
- Monitor and evaluate the exhibitions’ effectiveness as a marketing tool.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Public Relations or related field;
- Postgraduate in Project Management or Marketing is desirable;
- Diploma in Design, Marketing, Public Relations or in a related field; and
- At least five (5) years proven experience as an Event Manager.
The successful candidates must demonstrate competencies in;
- IT skills;
- Management skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau, if shortlisted for interview.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed application letter and CV, quoting reference number for the role you are applying for. Your application should also include your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. To be considered, your application must be received by Wednesday, 21st June 2017 addressed to: The Director, Executive Selection Division, Deloitte Consulting Limited, Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. Email: [email protected] Candidates who applied in previous advertisements will need to re-apply afresh. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kenya Tourism Board is an equal opportunity employer