Our client Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), has a key mandate to market Kenya at local, national, regional and international levels as a premier tourist destination; identify tourism market needs and trends and advise tourism stakeholders accordingly.
To strengthen the management team, our client is seeking to recruit creative, enthusiastic, result driven and highly motivated individuals with strong interpersonal and communication skills to fill the following exciting and challenging positions.
Head of Finance
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Finance is responsible for developing and executing the finance management functions of KTB including accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations with funds and banks.
- Provide financial planning to support the corporate strategy and be the custodian of financial plans and financial resource utilisation;
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to the Finance team;
- Develop and review KTB’s financial internal control systems;
- Ensure that financial reports are accurate and delivered on a timely basis and provide the required information and advice to the CEO and other departments;
- Coordinate the auditing of KTB’s financial statements, respond to audit queries and ensure implementation of audit recommendations; and
- Provide financial advice to the management and Board of Directors.
- Bachelors of Commerce degree (Finance, Accounting, Banking or related field);
- Master’s in Business Administration (Finance, Accounting, Banking or related field);
- Must be Certified Public Accountant: CPA and/or ACCA); and
- At least 8 years’ experience with at five (5) years served in a senior management position.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau, if shortlisted for interview.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed application letter and CV, quoting reference number for the role you are applying for.
Your application should also include your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by Wednesday, 21st June 2017 addressed to: The Director, Executive Selection Division, Deloitte Consulting Limited, Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.
Email: [email protected]
Candidates who applied in previous advertisements will need to re-apply afresh.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Tourism Board is an equal opportunity employer