Our client Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), has a key mandate to market Kenya at local, national, regional and international levels as a premier tourist destination; identify tourism market needs and trends and advise tourism stakeholders accordingly.
To strengthen the management team, our client is seeking to recruit creative, enthusiastic, result driven and highly motivated individuals with strong interpersonal and communication skills to fill the following exciting and challenging positions.
Head of Human Capital and Administration
Ref. ESS/KTB/2/6/2017 (1 Post)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Human Capital and Administration is responsible for developing and executing human resource and administration strategies including talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, change management, reward management, employee relations and administration to achieve KTB’s corporate objectives.
- Develop, implement and review human capital management policies, strategies and systems to ensure that KTB attracts, retains and motivates talented staff;
- Develop, implement and review administration policies, strategies and systems to ensure delivery of quality services to internal customers;
- Strengthen seamless inter-departmental linkages by ensuring that human resource is effectively used to support the key objectives of KTB to increase productivity and increase results in order to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction; and
- Provide HR advice to the CEO and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Commerce, Business or a relevant field;
- MBA in a relevant field;
- Must possess a valid Human Resources practicing certificate from Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya;
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience with five (5) years served in a managerial position; and
- Knowledge of labour laws and public sector regulations in Kenya is essential.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau, if shortlisted for interview.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed application letter and CV, quoting reference number for the role you are applying for. Your application should also include your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. To be considered, your application must be received by Wednesday, 21st June 2017 addressed to: The Director, Executive Selection Division, Deloitte Consulting Limited, Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. Email: [email protected] Candidates who applied in previous advertisements will need to re-apply afresh. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kenya Tourism Board is an equal opportunity employer