Our client Kenya Tourism Board (KTB), has a key mandate to market Kenya at local, national, regional and international levels as a premier tourist destination; identify tourism market needs and trends and advise tourism stakeholders accordingly.
To strengthen the management team, our client is seeking to recruit creative, enthusiastic, result driven and highly motivated individuals with strong interpersonal and communication skills to fill the following exciting and challenging positions.
Regional Marketing Manager
Ref. ESS KTB/4/6/2017
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for designing and implementing plans to achieve growth and commercialisation targets for expanding Kenya’s destination customer base in the market area under their responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for Kenyan tourism in their source market and define action plans and strategies to exploit opportunities in the market area under their responsibility;
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of regional marketing strategy and annual work plan and ensure that regional performance targets are set and achieved;
- Manage, supervise and monitor suppliers’ performance in their market in order to achieve objectives;
- Gather continuous market intelligence on the tourism brands’ performance, customer and trade attitudes, and new problems and opportunities in the market area under their responsibility; and
- Spearhead tourism brands’ improvements to meet changing market needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Strategic Planning or related field;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member of Marketing Society of Kenya or Chartered Institute of Marketing;
- Knowledge of international tourism industry is an added advantage; and
- At least seven (7) years relevant experience with five (5) years served in a supervisory or managerial role.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau, if shortlisted for interview.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed application letter and CV, quoting reference number for the role you are applying for. Your application should also include your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. To be considered, your application must be received by Wednesday, 21st June 2017 addressed to: The Director, Executive Selection Division, Deloitte Consulting Limited, Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. Email: [email protected] Candidates who applied in previous advertisements will need to re-apply afresh. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kenya Tourism Board is an equal opportunity employer