Hydropower Plant Supervisor Job at KTDA
KTDA Power Company Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of KTDA Holdings Ltd. Its mandate is to encourage and promote the smallholder tea sector to develop small hydro-power projects (SHP) with the aim of reducing operating costs, increasing power supply reliability, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and diversifying sources of revenue.
We are seeking to appoint competent, dynamic, highly qualified and talented professionals to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging positions. To be considered you must be computer literate, proactive and resilient. You must possess strong communication, analytical, organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth operation and maintenance of the hydropower plant.
Responsibilities for the Hydropower Plant Supervisor Job
- Participating in preventive and corrective maintenance activities with reference to provided guidelines.
- Operating and maintaining of the power supply line to the factory and the national grid.
- Managing the Hydro generation plant with respect to manpower, parts, records and all scheduled and unscheduled plant activities.
- Responsible for all the export/ import of power to KPLC and filling of the returns through the supervisor.
Implementation of SOPs
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on the power plant operations to KTPC.
- Supervise staff within the Hydropower company
Qualifications for the Hydropower Plant Supervisor Job
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Level C (Plain) or equivalent.
- HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 5 years experience in a similar environment
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Report writing and communication.
- Fault finding and trouble shooting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please apply online at www.ktdateas.com/recruit not later than 14th April 2017.