Kenya Tea Development Agency (MS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of KTDA Holdings Ltd and a key player in the tea industry providing management services to the smallholder tea sub-sector for efficient production, processing and marketing of quality teas.
To ensure continued success and growth, we are seeking a dynamic and highly talented individual to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging position.
Supply Chain Manager
Position Scope: Reporting to the Group Head of Procurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the supply chain for KTDA MS and KTDA managed factories.
- Facilitating drafting of contracts on acceptance of offer for new suppliers;
- In conjunction with the senior buyer and the supply chain and procurement analyst, spearhead the management of all -key spend categories through framework agreements
- Participating in budget preparation and control;
- Approving payments for procured goods and services;
- Evaluating and appraising supplier performances on delivery lead times and other parameters approved by the management;
- Coordinating disposal of boarded stores for KTDA fraternity;
- Overseeing timely delivery of goods and services;
- Ensuring status reports on procurement are prepared and sent to respective users;
- Coordinating all procurement under TREO scheme;
- Managing communications between suppliers and user departments;
- Ensuring satisfactory completion of the importation process;
- Preparing procurement forecast for machinery and other items;
- Ensuring user requests through PRV’s are recorded and forwarded to respective officers for action;
- Supervising and appraising staff;
- Managing Suppliers;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills / ExperienceThe ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Post graduate diploma in Purchasing/logistics management (CIPS, CILT);
- Membership to a professional body (KISM, CIPS);
- Seven (7) years experience three (3) of which must have been at supervisory level;
- High level of integrity;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to Apply OnlineDeadline: 14th August 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.