The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and reputable team player to fill the following position:
The incumbent will be able originate or develop programme ideas, drawing on their knowledge and understanding of industry requirements, and present their findings to decision makers.
Responsibilities for the KTN Researcher Job
- To work across all genres of television production and MUST have current knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including copyright, data protection, public liability, etc. and how to comply with regulatory requirements
- To identify relevant data, contributors, locations or archive material, collating and assessing information from various sources, and ensuring that legal, compliance and copyright requirements are met.
- To carry out preliminary telephone and/or face-to-face interviews to assess contributors’ potential suitability and availability for inclusion in each programme according to its genre and format.
- To maintain up-to-date contact lists and be able to access relevant information from various sources
- To contribute to the development of scripts by writing drafts or briefing others.
- To prepare production materials for external use, in both print and digital formats.
KTN Researcher Job Qualifications
- Basic University Degree/ Advanced IT skills
- Knowledge on health and safety legislation and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct research deal with guests at all levels
- Possess excellent presentation and advanced analytical skills
- Pay precise attention to detail and have a methodical approach to work possess strong problem-solving skills
- 1 to 3 years Working experience
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 5th November, 2016.