The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below positions from suitably qualified Kenyans as follows:
Chief Administration Officer
Ref: KURA/F & A/CAO/15/05
The successful candidate will report to the Manager (Human Resource & Administration)
Job Summary: The job holder will be managing, coordinating and administering all the Administration and Management Support functions and policies relating to employees, so as to ensure enhanced productivity.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance of administration related activities including transport, office space, meetings scheduling, administrative staff management, contracted/outsourced workers management, security and general office supplies e.t.c.
- Facilitate mobility and up to date maintenance of the Authority’s fleet and buildings.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of the Authority’s vehicle records and renewal of various licenses and insurance covers.
- Provide administrative assistance to the regions and serve as a link person for broader administration support between the headquarters and regional offices.
- Ensure proper staff and administrative records.
- Coordinate responses to emergencies e.g. electricity failures, water, leakages, defective locks e.t.c. with approved service providers.
- Coordinate provision of office supplies to officers.
- Ensure adequate supervision of transport personnel.
- Coordinate and advise on general outsourcing requirements for HR and administration services.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Social Science Degree from a recognized university.
- Membership to relevant professional body essential.
- Minimum Six (6) years relevant working experience and Three (3) years of which should be at supervisory level/management.
- Training in occupational health and safety is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of transport/fleet management and asset management.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work
Senior Administration Officer
Ref: KURA/F & A/SAO/15/06
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Administration Officer.
Job Summary: The job holder will assist in effectively managing, coordinating and administering all the Administration and Management Support functions and policies relating to employees, so as to ensure enhanced productivity.
- Ensure that timely and efficient services are provided to the Authority in the areas of general administration and property maintenance.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Authority’s fleet and buildings
- Facilitate upto date maintenance of the Authority’s vehicle records and renewal of the various licenses and insurance covers
- Provide administrative assistance to the regions and serve as a link person for broader administration support between the headquarters and regional offices
- Undertake reviews of, and maintain the Authority’s administrative procedures and provide advice and recommendations regarding their further development or improvement.
- Maintain proper administrative records
- Lead and manage the Administration Team and encourage improvement and development.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget of the Administration Unit.
- Oversee the provision of assistance for conferences and meetings as required.
- Ensuring optimal utilization of Authority’s resources including offices, stationery, consumables, vehicles among others.
Qualifications and Competence
- Degree in social sciences from a recognized university.
- Membership to a relevant professional body essential.
- Minimum Five (5) years relevant working experience at supervisory level/management level.
- Knowledge in occupational health and safety is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ICT.
- Knowledge in asset management.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
How to Apply
|The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED