The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Chief Human Resource Officer
Ref: KURA/F & A/CHRO/15/04
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resource and Administration.
Job Summary: To effectively manage, coordinate and administer all the Human Resource functions and policies relating to employees, so as to ensure peaceful industrial relations and enhanced productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting and implementing human resource policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Deputize the Human Resource and Administration Manager in performance management related activities including performance review meetings, disciplinary committee meetings, team building etc;
- Providing guidance on matters related to appointments, promotions and confirmation of staff;
- Plan, co-ordinate and prepare reports pertaining to the Departments Performance Contract obligations;
- Organize induction, circulation programs and group-training sessions (in liaison with relevant HR committees) to enable employees manage the transition to new assignments and to cope with the demands of the Strategic Plan and Performance Contract;
- Coordinate identification of training needs among the staff and recommending suitable training programmes;
- Designing & implementing management and organizational development programs;
- Designing systems for appraising the performance of individual staff;
- Assisting employees in developing career plans;
- Overseeing the management of staff personal details;
- Designing and implementing compensation and benefits systems for all staff;
- Ensuring that compensation and benefits are fair and consistent;
- Managing discipline and grievance handling systems;
- Managing provision of employee welfare facilities;
- Ensuring safety and health of employees;
- Designing / developing systems to ensure employee safety and health (employee wellbeing);
- Liaise with affiliate Ministries, to ensure adherence to required labour practices and government requirements;
- Manage and maintain peaceful Industrial relations in liaison with relevant Stakeholders;
- Oversee the management of Authority’s payroll administration;
- Make preparations for job evaluation exercises, help in the administration of the same, assist in developing supervisory skills for appraisal interviews, and analyze appraisal forms & co-ordinate recommendations from a selected committee;
- Providing assistance to employees with personal problems that influence their work performance e.g. counseling
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Hold bachelor’s degree in human resource management, social sciences or business administration or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have a diploma in Human Resources or CPS III or its equivalent qualifications;
- Are members of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or a relevant recognized professional body;
- Have computer proficiency and ability to operate Human Resource Information System;
- Have experience and knowledge of employment laws, procedures and policies; and
- Have ability to maintain professionalism and keep abreast with emerging trends in Human Resource Management.
- Have relevant working experience with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum of Six (6) years; Three (3) of which should be in Supervisory level/management.
- Knowledge of ERP System is an added advantage.
How to Apply
|The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED