The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Corporate Affairs Officer
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Corporate Affairs Officer.
Job Summary: The holder will be providing technical support in film production, preparation of presentation, photography and archiving of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in the design of KURA website and digital newsletters/email advertising;
- Undertake graphic design development for Information Education and Communication(IEC) materials;
- Design layouts for publications such as newsletters, brochures, adverts bulletins, Cards, billboards, safety signs and signage;
- Filming(recording)/ Photographing of KURA functions &activities;
- Production of documentaries, video editing and review of Authority adverts;
- Archiving of film and photographic records and other documentaries; and
- Performance of any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business or Social Science from a recognized University;
- A diploma in fine art/graphic design;
- Advanced program in 3D/2D design;
- At least Four (4) years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in graphical designing through adobe Photoshop Suite, dreamweaver, freehand, illustrator, InDesign and Quark Xpress;
- Advanced Certificate in Photography /Film/television/Communication design are added advantage; and
- Knowledge about press and electronic media, offset and large format printing is added advantage.
- Must be creative, have knowledge of industry software with a professional approach to issues.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED