The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Ref: KURA/F & A/MF/15/01
The successful candidate will be the Head of Finance Department reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Administration)
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for the planning, developing and evaluating financial policies, procedures, practices and systems as well as budgeting and financial resources control.
- Formulating and implementing financial and accounting policies, regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring prudent financial management in the Authority.
- Preparing financial reports and ensuring that management information is accurate, adequate and reliable for decision making.
- Ensuring the Authority’s assets and liabilities are safeguarded and recorded correctly.
- Co-ordinating budgeting and budgeting control procedures, managing recurrent and capital expenditure and preparing, analyzing and interpreting various reports e.g. performance contracts and strategic plans.
- Ensuring timely preparation of accurate financial statements and reports.
- Ensure tax compliance and timely statutory returns.
- Overseeing custody and control of accountable documents.
- Provide leadership to the Finance team so as to achieve the Authority’s goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Competencies
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting option) or Business Administration or a degree in a related field from a recognized university.
- Full accounting qualifications (CA, ACCA, CPA or an equivalent qualification).
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting system (ERP).
- Minimum of Seven (7) years post qualification experience and three (3) years in a senior management position with relevant experience and responsibility.
- Knowledge of public procurement is an added advantage.
- Must be a member of good standing with ICPAK.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IFRS & IAS.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED