The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Ref: KURA/F & A/MICT/15/02
The successful candidate will be the Head of ICT Department reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Administration).
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for ensuring timely provision of ICT service to all functions of the Authority and ensuring implementation of well-coordinated systems with sufficient controls in all functions of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating, interpreting and ensuring application of ICT policies, procedures, rules and regulations within the Authority;
- Providing appropriate information and guidance on emerging and best practices in ICT;
- Overseeing the Authority’s network and liaising with ICT suppliers and support services providers;
- Developing and motivating an innovative and inspired ICT team and re-evaluating their skills and output to ensure delivery of results;
- Ensuring timely provision of ICT service to all functions of the Authority;
- Ensuring implementation of a well-coordinated system(s) with sufficient controls in all functions of the Authority;
- Overseeing database administration, data backups and recovery procedures;
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of ICT resources within the Authority;
- Overseeing proper maintenance of ICT related equipment;
- Coordinating, developing and overseeing the upgrading of websites
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Have MCSE or CCNA or database administrator diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have a minimum of Seven (7) years post qualification experience and Three (3) years in a senior management position with relevant experience and responsibility.
- Have good communication and leadership skills;
- Have strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills;
- Have a high degree of integrity and dependability; and
- Have demonstrated high management capability and competence in computerized information systems.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED