The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Ref: KURA/F & A/MP/15/03
The successful candidate will be the Head of Procurement Department reporting to the Director General.
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for all procurement and disposal functions and operations of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and ensuring implementation of procurement policies, regulations and procedures;
- Organizing and managing of the procurement function and ensuring proper interpretation of procurement policies;
- Overseeing operationalization and implementation of all procurement laws, regulations and guidelines applicable in the tendering process;
- Advising on procurement policies and ensuring that sound procurement processes are applied to all procurement transactions in the Authority;
- Overseeing preparation of periodic procurement reports;
- Overseeing preparation of required tender notices and advertisements;
- Participating in tender committees and assisting in the preparation of committee report;
- Overseeing pre-qualifying of suppliers;
- Coordinating preparation of annual procurement plan of goods and services within the Authority;
- Coordinating the evaluation of tender documents and presentation to tender committee for adjudication;
- Overseeing payment of suppliers of goods and services;
- Providing secretarial services to the tender committee
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have both diploma and graduate diploma in Supplies/ Procurement Management from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) level 4 – 6 or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Membership to the CIPS or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or an recognized relevant professional body;
- Minimum of Seven (7) years post qualification experience and Three (3) years in a Senior Management position with relevant experience and responsibility.
- Registered member with KISM;
- Have knowledge of public procurement systems and processes as used by the Government of Kenya, multilateral and bilateral development partners; knowledge of ERP System is an added advantage
- Have strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; and
- Have high degree of integrity.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED