The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below positions from suitably qualified Kenyans as follows:
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager (Maintenance).
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for entire roads project life cycle to include design, construction, and maintenance and project completion.
Performance of any other duties as assigned by the General Manager (Maintenance)
- Be responsible for the Road Project cycle which includes planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- The person shall be responsible for all the resources within his/ her section which includes funds, equipment and human capital.
- Monitor and coordinate field operations to ensure compliance with the set standards and specs.
- The person may be designated as a Regional Manager in any of the Authority’s regional offices.
- The person may be designated as a Project Manager in any of the Authority’s special projects.
- Ensuring review of development plans for compliance with adopted road engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Responsible for implementation of the policies of the Authority.
- Preparing annual work programs, budgets and procurement plans.
- Supervision of road works and services.
- Carrying out of general administration
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Working ICT knowledge for road management systems.
- Be a member of Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Experience in the Ministry of Local Government, Local Authorities and /or Ministry of Roads will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Labour Based Works.
- Seven (7) years post registration experience and Three (3) years in a Senior Management position with relevant experience and responsibility.
- Demonstrable knowledge in planning, design, construction and maintenance of roads.
- Demonstrable knowledge of public procurement systems and processes as used by the Government of Kenya, multilateral and bilateral development partners.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
How to Apply
|The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED