The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Ref: KURA/F & A/SO/15/09
The successful candidate will report to the Manager Human Resource & Administration.
Job Summary: The job holder will be in charge of all security matters in the Authority.
- Formulate and implement the Authority’s security policies, strategies, standards and procedures.
- Identify all security risk areas and develop better operational methods to mitigate the risks.
- Overseeing availability of appropriate security within the premises.
- Carry out security audits and surveys, review security processes, procedures, contingency plans and control in compliance with the set security standards.
- Manage the incident reporting process to track trends and develop effective responses.
- Assist in the selection and management of third party security providers through clear and measurable service level agreements.
- Provide guidance in high level investigations to all reported cases against the Authority’s employees and property.
- Ensure proper administration of departmental personnel and resources with the aim of managing costs within the approved budgets.
- Liaise with relevant Government departments, police, local administrators, neighbourhood security institutions in handling security issues with Authority.
- Develop, implement and supervise security emergency action plans.
- Liaise with the contracted security firm on day to day security matters of the Authority.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Security Management/Administration or Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Criminology or its equivalent.
- Relevant training on investigations from CID Training School or equivalent.
- Relevant Management courses are an added advantage.
- Demonstrate working knowledge in ICT.
- Five (5) years working experience in a relevant field.
- Emphasis shall be placed on the physical and emotional maturity required for the high degree of judgment and diplomacy necessary to work efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
- Have general knowledge of Kenyan Laws and Government regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
How to Apply
|The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED