The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Ref: KURA/F & A/SA/15/07
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Accountant.
Job Summary: The overall responsibility of the position will be to ensure proper functioning of the General Ledger & Accounts payable.
- Processing of Authority’s payments (LSO & LPO) and other disbursements.
- Preparation and monitoring of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and budgets for various recurrent expenditure items by undertaking variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financial accounts by ensuring accurate Trial Balance and General Ledger accounts payable.
- Verifying authenticity of financial transactions.
- Timely remittance of statutory deductions.
- Preparation of withheld tax certificates and their timely remittance to KRA.
- Filing and safe custody of Authority’s payment and journal vouchers.
- Coordinating of responses to audit queries
Qualifications and Competence
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance or Accounting Option) or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Have full accounting qualifications (CA, ACCA, CPA or an equivalent qualification).
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or a recognized relevant professional body.
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant working experience and Three (3) years in a similar position/supervisory level.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
How to Apply
|The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED