The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below position from a suitably qualified Kenyan as follows:
Senior Procurement Officer
Ref: KURA/F & A/SPO/15/08
The successful candidate will report to Chief Procurement Officer
Job Summary: The job holder will assist the Chief Procurement Officer in providing support to Head of Procurement in procurement related matters to ensure understanding of, and compliance with the applicable law, policies and procedures of the Authority.
- To lead, coordinate and help develop consolidated annual procurement plan
- Responsible for following the policies and procedures as defined in the Authority policy guidelines.
- Supervising, scheduling the work of, professionally developing, and evaluating the performance of the procurement officers.
- Responsible for preparing contracts and purchase orders within the guidelines of the applicable laws, procedures and policies in place.
- With approval of the Head of Procurement, responsible for consulting with the Authority’s Legal Manager or other approved legal counsel regarding the legality of proposed procurement contracts.
- Responsible for providing administrative support for all procurements and maintaining the official contract files.
- Responsible for ensuring purchasing orders and/or contracts are authorized in accordance with approval matrix in place.
- Participating fully in opening, tendering processing, negotiations and contract management.
- Reviewing and approving the various procurement reports prepared by Procurement Officers including quarterly and annual reports.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with both existing and new suppliers and contractors.
- Take an active lead in introduction, development and implementation of best procurement practices.
- Manage staff within Procurement Department.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or in Business related field from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management from a recognized institution.
- At least Five (5) years’ working experience in the field of procurement and Three (3) years in similar position or supervisory level.
- Working knowledge in Public Procurement and Disposal procedures as contained in the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and Regulation 2006 as well as development partners.
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or CIPS – Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies or a recognized institution.
- Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate working knowledge in ICT.
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and adhere to set targets through team work.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED