The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of all public roads in the cities and municipalities in Kenya except where those roads are national roads.
As the leading Government Agency with the above mandate, we wish to competitively fill the below positions from suitably qualified Kenyans as follows:
Ref: KURA/D & C/SS/15/01
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Surveyor.
Job summary: Assist in the formulation and implementation of survey policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of survey annual work plans
- Provision of survey data during feasibility studies and final design
- Identification of road reserves and mapping of the roads in the assigned region
- Identification of survey requirements and standards for specific areas
- Preparation of survey specification and terms of reference for survey works to be contracted out
- Supervision of civil works during construction
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Hold Bachelor Degree in Surveying and photogrammetry or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Are members of Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant working experience at a similar position or at a supervisory level.
- Are conversant with modern survey equipment (GPS, Total Station etc.); and
- Are competent in computer Aided design (CAD), GIS and Image processing software.
How to Apply
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of Kenya Constitution. Specifically they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificate from the following organizations;
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct) Only candidates who meet the above criteria should submit applications in writing for the positions as well as filling the job application form (CLICK HERE to download) together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 8th September, 2015. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference numbers clearly marked. The Director General Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) IKM Building, Bishops Road P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, Nairobi [email protected] Website: www.kura.go.ke Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an equal opportunity employer. KURA IS ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFIED