The Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) is a membership professional association for Veterinary Surgeons whose mandate is to act as a watchdog for the veterinary profession in ensuring proper management of veterinary and animal welfare issues that impact on the welfare of the veterinarians with an overall aim of enhancing animal welfare.
- Implementing and enforcing all the Association’s financial policies and procedures;
- Preparation of financial reports for Association’s management and partners;
- Preparation and management of the Association payroll, including issuing of pay slips and ensuring accurate computation and timely payment of statutory obligations e.g. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB;
- Performing bank reconciliations;
- Updating and maintaining the Association’s assets register;
- Maintaining an accurate record of the Association debtors and creditors;
- Timely preparation of management reports, including profit and loss accounts and balance sheet.
- Maintaining annual subscription records including invoices for all individual and corporate members, receipting of subscription fees paid and issuing of statements to members.
- Coordinating National and Branch accounts for annual audit and any other relevant inspections;
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns to relevant statutory bodies.
- Supporting the Association’s budgeting process;
- Create, maintain and update all accounting records including hard copy files;
- Administering the payment of expense claims and invoices as appropriate;
- Preparation of Purchase orders and identification of appropriate budget code;
- Maintaining an income and expenditure accounts for the Association.
- Working with the Hon Treasurer to ensure that financial management of the Association is carried out in accordance with the international and local accounting standards;
- A minimum of CPA(K)
- Member of the ICPAK or any other Accounting professional body and in good standing.
- Experience in Project Management and finance would be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of ICT packages including Microsoft office and Quick Books.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy accounting office.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with myriad stakeholders at all levels.
How to Apply