Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to a recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following position at its Headquarters:Corporation Secretary
One (1) Post Reporting to the Director General, the overall responsibility will be to ensure effective and efficient management of corporate affairs and compliance with enabling legal matters and other relevant legislations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advising the Board and management on all legal matters.
- Ensuring that the corporation complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Representing the Service in Court and arbitrations as may be required.
- Coordinating all litigations in liaison with the Attorney General’s Chambers, Government Ministries and external lawyers.
- Safeguarding of corporation interests matters affecting the Service.
- Drawing and processing legal notices and other gazettements that are issued under the requirements of the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act, 2013.
- Preparing Board Business and maintaining proper records of Board’s proceedings
- Keeping safe custody of Corporate Seal and security documents.
- Preparing and vetting of contracts and legal agreements.
- Coordinating the review of laws, by-laws and regulations relating to the Service.
- Supervising, appraising and ensuring appropriate training of staff in the Department.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Board and the Director General from time to time.
- Master’s degree in law from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of laws degree from a recognized institution
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court.
- CPS (K)
- Report writing, communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and IT skills.
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar position and Institution.
- Possession of valid Certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
How to Apply
- Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2016 at 4.00pm. Director General
- Kenya Wildlife Service
- P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
- Nairobi, Kenya. Application email: [email protected]
- KWS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.