Project Assistant Kenyan Job At KWS
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) in partnership with the responsible parties namely; Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust (MWCT), African Conservation Centre (ACC) and the Big Life Foundation is implementing a five (5) year Project (2014-2018) on enhancing wildlife conservation in the productive Southern Kenya Rangelands through a landscape approach project financed by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and supported by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The main objective of the project is to mainstream biodiversity conservation and sustainable use into productive landscapes of the Greater Amboseli landscape and improve the sustainability of Protected Area System. The project is being implemented in the Greater Amboseli landscape (Amboseli, Tsavo and Chyulu Hills).
The project seeks to engage dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:-
Project Assistant – KWS Job Grade “7”- One (1) post
Location – Amboseli
Starting Date – 1st April 2016
Duration of contract – Three (3) years
- Reporting to the National Project Manager, the overall responsibility will be to provide project administration, management and technical support to the Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
Project Assistant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Provide project administration, management and technical support to the National Project Manager;
- Assist in the implementation of operational strategies focusing on full compliance of financial processes and financial records with KWS /UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Facilitate the proper implementation of contracting and procurements processes including the preparation of requests for quotations, invitation for bids or requests for proposals etc.;
- Ensure correct preparation of payments, including compilation of supporting documentation and data, preparation of travel authorizations etc.
- Maintain a proper filing system for finance records and documents and an inventory of project equipment;
- Maintain a registry of project-related correspondence and progress as well as technical reports;
- Prepare and disseminate formal correspondence, including drafting of correspondence on project-related issues;
- Distribute project documents to relevant parties and maintain project files;
- Compile, summarize and enter data on the project, draft related status reports;
- Provide general support to project implementation activities;
- Assist in tracking monitoring and evaluation of project status and related documentation;
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops and retreats.
- Carry out other relevant duties as assigned by the National Project Manager
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, making transactions, reporting.
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting.
- Strong IT skills
- Focuses on results for the client.
- A good understanding of general office management principles and practices
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrate openness to change
Requirements For Project Assistant Jobs In Kenya
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Natural resources, business administration, economics, social sciences or related fields.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in administration, finance or programme support services at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on Wednesday 16th March, 2016 at 4.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three (3) referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and National ID/Passport. Director General, Kenya Wildlife Service, P. O. Box 40241-00100 NAIROBI Application email: [email protected]