Kyeni Water & Sewerage Company (KYEWASCO) is one of the Water Service Providers contracted by Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) as an agent to provide water and sanitation services in Kyeni and Kagaari Divisions, Runyenjes town and its environs in Embu East sub-county.
To strengthen our corporate management team, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates with good credentials to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be expected to provide overall direction to the company through planning, directing and coordinating the activities of the company.
The General Manager shall provide strong and inspirational leadership to performance, goals and objectives of the company and in particular improving service delivery to all customers and stakeholders.
Terms of Offer: The job is for a 3 (three) year contract renewable based on satisfactory performance. Remuneration shall be negotiable and market based.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring full compliance with all the legal/statutory requirements.
- Acting as secretary to the board and ensure effective implementation of the Board policies.
- Providing visionary leadership and managing Company resources for maximum productivity.
- Develop and operate company management systems.
- To ensure that the appropriate cost control measures are implemented and expenditures are within the approved budget and Ensuring continuous achievement in financial and operating objectives
- Coordinating and directing the company’s operational plans and performance targets
- Leading in change management within the company and be consistent with the commercial principles and practices of business operating a corporate.
- Effectively promote a positive image of the company at all times and act as the liaison between the management and the Board of Directors.
- To communicate effectively with the employees, other stakeholders and the general public.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Ordinary/Higher Diploma in Water/Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, and Business related field, or their equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years traceable experience in a managerial position preferably in water institution and have knowledge of corporate governance.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Good report writing, communication skills and team player.
- Excellent knowledge in Computer operating packages.
- Proven strong organizational, management, human resource skills and ability to multi-task.
- Satisfy the integrity requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya of 2010.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications with updated CVs, copies of education and professional certificates and also testimonials, indicating day time telephone contacts, three professional referees, current and expected remuneration to the address below:
The applications to be submitted in sealed envelopes to the address below not later than 4 September 2015.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Chairman Kyeni Water & Sewerage Company P. O. Box 315-60103 Runyenjes