Lab Technologist Job At Shining Hope, Kenya
Position: Lab Technologist
Reports to: Health Services Program Officer
Working Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 4pm, 2 Saturday a month
This role will be to receive, verify, analyze and record results on appropriate forms and report results promptly to the clinical staff.
Lab Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests
- Ensuring availability and optimum utilization of reagents
- Specimen collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting and dispatch of results from patients.
- Preparation and storage reagents
- Documenting all processes and results to ensure availability of supportive information
- Implementing all set stock control procedures to ensure accountability
- Ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external community members
- Compile reports on activities undertaken
- Maintain high standards in good laboratory practice, laboratory safety, and laboratory hygiene
- Any other official duty that relates to your work.
Qualifications For Lab Technologist Job
- Must have excellent knowledge and previous experience in microbiology and light microscopy.
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision.
- Good laboratory and analytical skills
- At least 2 years experience working in a busy clinical
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologist and Technicians Board.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Ms Office packages.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 10th August 2016.