Laboratory Technicians Jobs at Matibabu Foundation(3 posts)
Reports to:Laboratory Manager
Matibabu Foundation is dynamic NGO based in Siaya County. Our focus is to improve the quality, affordability and accessibility of healthcare with more attention to the women and their families through offering affordable, facilities- based health care with extensive laboratory and pharmaceutical services.
Matibabu Foundation is growing as we live our mission of “Providing family centered health information & services that meet or surpass the expectations of our clients, by working with individuals, the community and government to improve overall health goals”.
As a result of this growth, several vacancies have arisen, and we therefore invite qualified, talented and highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions.
To ensure that reliable, timely and, relevant results with correct interpretation are issued to the clinician or the person who requested for the test
Laboratory Technicians Jobs Qualification
- Diploma In medical Laboratory Technology
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board and with a current practicing license.
- Minimum Two years experience in a busy Laboratory setting preferred
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good general knowledge of laboratory techniques and procedures added advantage
- Knowledge of QA/QC techniques
Responsibilities of Laboratory Technicians Jobs
- To participate in analysis of all laboratory samples for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Instrument maintenance including trouble shooting as necessary.
- Performing ART monitoring tests including Flow cytometry, Hematological, Serological, TB diagnosis and other opportunistic infections.
- Carry out routine disinfection in the laboratory and infection control.
- Participate in EQA and IQA as per the SOPS.
- Carryout proper documentation of laboratory processes and result interpretation.
- Assist in compiling laboratory reports and in their management.
- Carryout routine laboratory tests and any other tests which might be assigned by the in charge.
- Attendance of laboratory meetings and any other meeting which might be called by the organization.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: –
- The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya.
- OR E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 5th October, 2016.
- NB: Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Matibabu Foundation is an Equal opportunity Employer.