- Promote and restore patients’ health by completing the nursing process
- Collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members
- Provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families
- Supervise assigned team members
Nurse Job Duties
- Identifying patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
- Establishing a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promoting patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals
- Teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills;
- Assuring quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards
- Measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Following hospital and nursing standards of care
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintaining nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Maintaining a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Nurse Job
- Diploma in nursing from a recognized institution (KRCHN)
- A registered member of the Nursing Council of Kenya
- More than 1 year working experience will be an added advantage
- Must be computer Literate
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Please send only your CV indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: [email protected] before Wednesday 04th April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Langata Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer.