Lecturer Jobs at United States International University Africa (USIU)
General Education Program (Chinese Language)
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the candidate will be expected to teach, conduct research and engage in community service.
Lecturer Job Key Responsibilities
- Teach Chinese Language & Literature at undergraduate level.
- Support and mentor students in their career endeavors.
- Participate in curriculum development activities to ensure that the programs are up-to-date and marketable.
- Participate in program assessment and reviews.
- Engage in research in one’s area of expertise.
- Engage in service to the University, the profession and to the community.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Lecturer Job Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A graduate or equivalent degree qualification in Chinese or related discipline (Applied Linguistics, Literature) from an accredited University;
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience in a University or equivalent institution of higher learning;
- At least four (4) equivalent publication points as per the CUE Standards & Guidelines, 2014;
- Been registered by the relevant professional body (Hanban)
- Must have completed and passed H.S.K. Level 5 (Chinese Proficiency Test)
Competencies for the Lecturer Job
- Excellent computer background
- Be self-motivated and highly-disciplined
- Good command in the subject area including lesson planning
- Managing ambiguity and emotions
- Managing technological change
- Can read, write and speak Chinese fluently
- Deep understanding of the Chinese culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent listening and mediation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent in Chinese calligraphy
How to Apply
If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 9th December, 2016 Administration Director United States International University – Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected] USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.