Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19926
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Legal Administrative Assistant/Business Enabler will coordinate and carryout comprehensive administrative support to the Head of Legal and legal team in accordance with laid down policies and procedures. The incumbent will also provide support in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the department through identification of proactive opportunities for improvement
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration service to the Head of Legal across the range of his/her work
- Provide reception services, oversee orderliness and maintain register for meeting room bookings for the department.
- Receive and register bills, invoices and mail and despatch it to the requisite parties.
- The incumbent will maintain and organise the Head of Legal’s diary, filing system and all other relevant areas as necessary.
- Assist the Head of Legal in his/her projects, proposals, presentations, etc. through research and consultation.
- The incumbent will facilitate meetings, schedule debriefing meetings so follow up action can be implemented. Also by arranging refreshments, seating and taking minutes if required to do so.
- Co-ordinate staff/Board residential meetings
- Liaising with and attending to shareholders and shareholder issues.
- To maintain the complaints file and ensure all complaints are responded to within target timescales.
- To ensure the effective management and update of all relevant databases. Oversee and ensure availability of office supplies and stationery.
- To liaise positively and professionally with colleagues and visitors;
- Work with the HOL and HCBP to support department’s people agenda, including but not limited to Beyond Excellence, team building events, productivity metrics, adherence to training plan etc.
- Management of leave schedules for HOL office.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Legal Administrative Assistant/Business Enabler job placement must hold at least a 2nd class upper Degree from a recognized University or equivalent).
- Hold a certificate in secretarial studies would be an added advantage
- At least two to three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in banking industry would be an added advantage
- Tertiary qualifications such as a business degree or similar qualification
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 1st December, 2016