Legal Analyst Jobs at Cytonn Investments
Reports to:Senior Partner, Chief Investments Officer
primarily focused on offering alternative investments solution to institutional investors,
individual high networth investors and Diaspora investors interested in the East Africa Region.
The company is looking to employ a young, energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking
individual looking to join the team as a Legal Analyst.
Key Responsibilities for the Legal Analyst Job
- Advising Staff on all matters regarding the law; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting various areas of operation;
- Ensuring the company remains compliant with all statutory requirements;
- Assisting to provide strategic legal advice on business matters and product development;
- Assisting in the development and improvement of the Legal departments’ policies and procedures
Transaction & Deal Support
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing for transactions
- Assisting in legal research on fund formation, incorporation and structuring
- Reviewing and drafting transaction, fund and product documentation
- Developing Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business;
- Reviewing investment applications for Compliance purposes;
- Developing elaborate anti-money laundering checks and procedures in line with the relevant legislation and ensuring strict adherence to the same;
- Carrying out internal compliance inspections to ensure internal procedures are complied with to the letter;
- Updating the set compliance procedures in line with new rules and regulations issued.
Corporate Legal Tasks
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Managing the contract execution process;
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing sensitive communication leaving the company;
- Liaising with external lawyers on conduct of court matters;
- Monitoring client complaints and avoidance of issues becoming subject to litigation;
Legal Analyst Job Key Qualifications
- An Upper Second Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) from a recognized University;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya; with at least one-year Post Admission experience at a Law Firm.
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school;
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the Conveyancing practice and financial markets (including tax), and the respective Laws and regulations.
Experience, Skill and Character
- Experience in a busy commercial and conveyancing law firm shall be an added advantage
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure;
- High level of analytical skills;
- High integrity.
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for the Legal Analyst job, please visit the Careers page on www.cytonn.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 21st October 2016.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.